I woke up at around 3:30am, one hour earlier than my alarm clock, to the heavy sound of rain. I desperately tried to go back to sleep but to no avail, my mind was wandering to my upcoming race, my first ever race, =). After several toss and turns on my bed, my alarm clock suddenly went off... it's TIME TO RUN!!! =)
My brother and I arrived at SM MOA 30 mins late from the 5 AM assy time but it's still ok! The 3KM runners were scheduled to run by 6AM anyway. I basked in at the sight I am looking at... runners everywhere doing stretching exercises and warm-up jogging! Oooohh!! It made me mightily excited!
Gun start for both 5KM and 10KM went off at the same time. Ten mins after, the 3KM runners took off and by that time, heavy rain was pouring down. Rain or shine, here we gooo!!! Running, in my case, jogging in the rain was a very, very different experience. I actually loved it =) ! There's nothing like having your body cool down by the rain. However, the head wind was really strong around 1KM away from the finish line. Nevertheless, I didn't feel the same exhaustion I had when me and my buddy, Marge, ran the same route weeks ago. It must be the... rain! =) Oh btw, lesson I learned, always, ALWAYS check that your shoelaces are tightly fastened prior a race. Don't ask me why I reminded you that! =P
I finished my first 3KM race with a respectable (I hope) time of around 20-25 mins. I also got a cool finisher's shirt =) ! Do consider that I didn't perform any training at all, well, except during my 2x/week workout days in the gym. I really didn't get a chance to train outside 'coz of the heavy rains these past few days.
And, before I forget, how do you guys dry a verrry soaked rubber shoes???!
6 comments:
Madaming paraan jan...
1. Initin sa microwave.
2. Spin Dryer with Heater.
3. Plantsahin.
4. Ilagay sa likod ng ref.
5. Ibilad sa araw, malas mo lang pag naulan at lalong mabasa ang sapatos mo or pag minalas masungkit pa ng magnanakaw.
6. Wag magsapatos pag tatakbo ka sa isang marathon at umuulan
7. Lagyan ng plastic ang sapatos bago tumatakbo kapag napansin mong uulan or umuulan na.
8. Bumili ng bagong sapatos.
9. Hayaan lang sa isang tabi at isiping matutuyo din yan.
@anonymous,
sinubukan ko yung numero 4 and 5. Buti natuyo. Pero, magandang suhestyon din ang numero 6 at 7. LOL! =)
Subukan mo ang bilang isa. Epektibong paraan ng pagpapatuyo ng nabasang sapatos. Mahusay to!
@anonymous, ows talaga? cge, next time na labhan ko yung sapatos ko. sa microwave ko patutuyuin. hekhekhek! hindi kaya batukan ako ng nanay ko? :)
@anonymous, ows talaga? cge, next time na labhan ko yung sapatos ko. sa microwave ko patutuyuin. hekhekhek! hindi kaya batukan ako ng nanay ko? :)
Well your race sounds like fun! :) I wish I was there too
Post a Comment